Friday, February 2, 2018

Fitness Friday

1. Today, I finally met or exceeded all of my activity goals (10,000+ steps, 3+ miles traveled, 2500+ calories burnt, 30+ active minutes, 250+ steps per hour). I came close Monday and Tuesday, too.
2 Wednesday and Thursday, I met my sleep goal (7 hours).
3. I did not meet water goal (64 oz.). Not once.
4. I haven't met my weekly exercise goal, but I'm only one day off, and I can get that on Sunday before the week is over (I've got 4 out of 5 days).
5. I lost 2 pounds (I've got 4.5 pounds to go until I meet my first goal - 190 lbs.).



This week, I began my Zombies, Run! 5k training. It's going okay. I'm still not loving getting up at 5 a.m. to run, but I LOVE having it over with before I really begin my day. It's allowing me time to write in the evenings and time to spend with Mr. D and the kiddo.

I read somewhere that one should try to get the most important priorities taken care of first thing in the morning. And since I don't have time to deal with all three of my most important priorities, getting at least one of them checked off is helpful, before my day job gets in the way of the others.


So my least favorite part of my body is my belly. After my c-section, my belly never really ever went back to flat, and the more weight I have gained, the flabbier that pooch has become. The added delight of those stretch marks and the c-section scar that is not showing here have always been hard for me to accept. I get that I'm never going to have a completely flat stomach again, but I'd like to get this "over hang" under control and firm up my behind. My goal is not to be thin or super fit. I'd just like to be smoother and more toned, more comfortable in my own skin. It's a journey, I suppose. And I'm sharing my truth.

It's easy to share my most attractive, edited photos. It's not so easy to share these. This is me. In bright, unforgiving bathroom lights. No sexy undies. No flattering camera angles or photo edits. This is truth.





No comments: